Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » Center of Innovation on Disability & Rehab Research (CINDRR) » Veterans Rural Health Resource Center -- Gainesville (VRHRC-GNV)
Center of Innovation on Disability & Rehab Research (CINDRR)
Veterans Rural Health Resource Center -- Gainesville (VRHRC-GNV)Veterans Rural Health Resource Centers (VRHRCs) are Office of Rural Health (ORH) field-based satellite offices that serve as hubs of rural health care research, innovation, and dissemination. Each VRHRC addresses specific rural issues; for Gainesville, these issues are:
- Improve independent living for rural Veterans
- Strengthen rural workforce recruitment, retention, and education
- Support rural policy analysis, strategic planning, rural geographic database design, and implementation in support of rural Veteran health care through geospatial solutions (Disclaimer: This link directs to an internal VA site. You must have access to the VA network to view this page)
- Clinical Video Telehealth to Care for Rural Veterans with Multiple Sclerosis
- Community Clergy Training to Support Rural Veterans’ Mental Health
- Rural Training Initiative
- Rural Veterans Tele-Rehabilitation Initiative
- VISN Needs and Priorities Study EWI.
VRHRC-GNV investigators are experts in research design and analysis and, in addition to research, have conducted evaluations for ORH that received high praise from leadership of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA). Of note, the evaluation team for the Rural Veterans Coordination Pilot performed analyses that enabled the ORH Executive Director to provide data-driven recommendations to the Secretary of VA.
Currently, VRHRC-GNV investigators are conducting an EWI – the VHA Rural Needs Assessment EWI, and evaluating two other EWIs:
- Tele-Rehabilitation EWI (TR-EWI)
- Rural Veterans TeleRehabilitation Initiative (RVTRI)
The North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System (NF/SGVHS) where the VRHRC-GNV is located consists of 2 medical centers, 3 large multi-specialty outpatient clinics, and 9 community-based primary care outpatient clinics. The NF/SGVHS is one of the busiest VA health systems, providing 120,000 unique patient encounters monthly. A half century of southeastern migration of elderly Veterans and more recent post-hurricane relocations from south Florida and Puerto Rico have combined to make the NF/SGVHS responsible for a large, ethnically diverse Veteran population.
In collaboration with ORH, the VRHRC-GNV identified two broad areas in the ORH portfolio that have gaps in information, and these will be come the focus of the VRHRC-GNV:
- Independent living for rural Veterans
- Workforce recruitment/retention/education in rural areas.
In addition, the VRHRC-GNV will provide technical assistance to the VA rural health community and, as needed, to others within VHA, on research design, statistical analysis, survey design, psychometrics, and qualitative methodology and on data extraction, management, and reporting. Moreover, in the past 3 years, our investigators have gained significant experience with EWI evaluations. Our evaluation team will continue to offer this service on request. Geospatial services will be provided by the GSOD.