Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Center of Innovation on Disability & Rehab Research (CINDRR)
- Disruptive Acts and Rental Housing
- Two articles by CINDRR investigators discuss special difficulties impacting Veteran health: disruptive behavior during health care and rental housing for Veterans with disabilities.
- New CINDRR-GNV Fellow Honored by APHA
- A new CINDRR-GNV Fellow, Vijay Vasudevan, PhD, received a New Investigator Award from the American Public Health Association (APHA); the award recognizes research on health and wellness for people with disabilities.
- 2019 Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Conference
- 2019 Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Conference: Realizing your Passions in Research, Education, Innovation, and Technology. March 4-8, Orlando, FL. Everything from cutting edge research to best practices.
- SPHM Report: Providing Safe VA Care
- Safe patient handling and mobility involves the use of assistive devices to ensure that patients can be mobilized safely and that care providers avoid performing high-risk manual patient handling tasks.
- Team Connect Finds Their VA Voices
- As a new HSR&D Fellow, Dr. Christopher Fowler hopes to improve Veteran access to non-pharmacological treatments (e.g., psychotherapy, physical therapy, acupuncture) and associated outcomes for Veterans
- The VEC Welcomes a Treasure
- Adrienne Fennell (Treasure), member of the Veteran Engagement Council (VEC) served in the United States Army during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm as base support at Fort Irwin in California and then served
- Growing Veterans, A Partnership That Keeps Growing
- Brown founded the Washington state nonprofit Growing Veterans in 2013 while earning a master's degree in social work at Western Washington University. He thought that helping other Veterans connect to the land
- Veterans Connect with Art in Gainesville & Tampa
- In March, 2017, the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) began working with the UF Center for Arts in Medicine, the Rural Veterans Telerehabilitation Initiative Creative Arts Therapy Initiative (RVTRI-CAT), CINDRR,
- CINDRR Investigators Active in ACRM
- The American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine (ACRM) Military and Veterans Affairs Networking Group offers networking opportunities between non-government and government ACRM members and functions as
- Traumatic Brain Injury in Veterans
- Veterans with traumatic brain injury (TBI) differ from civilians with TBI in some key ways—with potentially important implications for long-term care and support of injured service members.